- Film Making in Zahedan Center of Association of Youth Cinema. One-year course (1995)
- Bachelor of Art in Sketching, Faculty of Arts, University of Sistan and Baluchistan, 2008
- Cinema Directing Workshop by Abbas Kiarostami in Karnameh Association, 2006
- Advanced Workshop of Documentary Making, 2011
- Documentary Methods Workshop by Mehrdad Oskooei in Association of Youth Cinema,2012
- Documentary Workshop by Kamran Shirdel in Association of Mah-e Mehr, 2013
- Personal Expression in Documentary Workshop by professor Arne Bro, 2013
- Theory Workshop for Visual Anthropology by Michael Optics in Cinema Development Center, 2013
- Digital Facts Workshop by Hamid Rasouli Chizari in Cinema Development Center, 2013
- From Preproduction to Distribution by professor Klaus Stein Beck in CinemaDevelopment Center, 2013
- Mia’an Ka’aleh, Birds Heaven 2001
- Taftaan’s tourist attractions 2003
- Station No.2 1999
- Sistan, The Cradle of Civilization 2004
- Deprived Villages 2009
- Mach 2013
- Gaando 2010
- Fly in Water 2010
- Corals 2010
- Alphabet 2011
- Handmade of Sistaan 2011
- Bodvar 2011
- Mirza 2012
- Adventurers 2013
- Religion of Unison; Panegyrists of Nimrooz 2013
- Cechanok 2014
- Old Melody from Baluchistan for Al-Jazeera documentary channel
- Two-episode documentary “History of Iran’s Cinema: The Unknown Soul” for Al-Jazeera documentary channel
- The Captain Daryaee“, a documentary film with the subject of traditional fishing andenvironmental dangers of such way of fishing in the Indian ocean
* In the production of The “Captain Daryaee” I have voyaged in the Indian ocean for 70 days alongside Baluch fishermen and I have tried to picture their way of life. This documentary film will be in two episodes, which its first episode is produced and filmed in the India ocean, and its second episode will be filmed on Somalian coasts, and it’s going to picture their hazardous way of fishing and the threats they might face.
- Sima Afternoon, Soroosh contest, Sistan and Baluchistan channel-1999
- Partow Program, channel 4 of IRIB-2001
- Occasions Program for New Year’s Eve-2002
- Desert Children; Hamoon channel, 120 Episodes-2004
- Sunshine Children: Hamoon channel, 160 Episodes -2005
- Shaparak; Hamoon channel, 120 Episodes-2006
- In the City; hamoon channel; 200 Episodes-2007
- Cultural and Art journal, Hamoon channel, Episodes 52 to 87-2008
- Alphabets, channel 1 of IRIB-2011
- 1st place of Divine Names Festival; visual part
- Best producer in the 14th IRIB Festival in Isfahan
- 1st place of International Festival of Media and Environment (Tehran)
- 1st place and special prize in 5th international festival of Cinema Verite, environment part,Iran.
- 1st place in 6th international festival of Cinema Verite, environment part, Tehran.
- 1st place in 6th Fajr visual festival, research part
- Best director in 18th IRIB festival for semi-long film making.
- Merit Diploma for documentary scenario in the Iranian labor and capital festival, Isfahan.
- Merit diploma in regional film and photography festival, Zahedan.
- 1st place in diagonal documentary festival, Austria, 2012 for “Cechanok”
- Merit diploma in Russian environment festival, 2013 for “Fly in Water”
- Special diploma from the organization of environment- Administration of Islamicpromotion, IRIB festival units.
- First Prize of Samsara Environmental Documentary Film Festival in India, awarded as“Creative Director”-2017
- Golden Lion Award from the Independent Iranian Cinema Film Festival-2017
- Divine Names
- Media and Environment
- Cinema Verite
- The visual part of the Fajr Festival
- Iranian Labor and Capital
- Hormuzan’s Ordibehesht
- Regional Festival of Sistan and Baluchistan
- Roshd Film Festival
- Independent Film Festival of Khorshid
- Scientific Films Festival of Ahwaz
- Diagonale, Austria 2012 with “The Persian Crocodile”
- Environment, Russia 2013 with “Fly in Water”
- Aljazeera, Qatar 2014 with “Fly in Water”
- IDFA, Netherlands 2014 with “Cechanok”
- Tosenski, Greek 2015 with “Cechanok”
- Photography and Film Exhibition
- Talmart Gallery
- Photography and Film Gallery in Paris Book Week
- Festival of Chosen Iranian Films (Vienna)
- Photography and Videography (scuba diving videography, drone videography, cinema and documentary cameras)
- Film Edit (Adobe premiere pro cc, Final Cut Pro)
- Sculpturing and Outstanding Patterns
- Swimming, mountain, and rock climbing, motorcycling, off-road driving, scuba diving.
Publications and Responsibilities
- 8 Vol. books for children and adolescents about waste crisis and its consumptionmanagement ordered by Water and Sewage Company of Sistan and BaluchistanProvince.
- Manager and organizer of two periods of provincial cultural and educational festivals ofwater consumption, ordered by Water and Sewage Company of Sistan and BaluchistanProvince.
- Executive Secretary of the 64th Regional Short Film Festival “Asoric”
- Member of Iranian Association of Documentary Directors
- Member of Iranian Association of Documentary Producers
- Member of Society of Iranian Cinema Guilds
Maziar Moshtagh Gohari born in 1978 in Jiroft, Iran, and art-graduate from the University of Sistan and Baluchistan is a young documentary filmmaker, TV journalist, producer, and director from Sistan and Baluchistan province of Iran. Maziar Gohari started filmmaking by entering the Zahedan’s center of Iran’s Youth Cinema Society in 1995 and participated in Abbas Kiarostami, Mehrdad Oskouei, Kamran Shirdel, and other outstanding filmmakers’ workshops.
He started his career in 1998 as a TV journalist in Sistan and Baluchistan province local TV channel and after 10 years of working such, he took documentary filmmaking more seriously as ever. His starting films were mostly around environment issues of S&B province which won him national and international awards. The trace of environmental, educational, and cultural issues is clear to recognize in Maziar Moshtagh Gohari’s films. He’s a permanent member of Iranian Documentary Directors and also a proxy member of Iranian Documentary Producers. Alongside documentary filmmaking, he has traveled to every corner of Sistan and Baluchistan for 15 years and has captured every eye-catching moment of his travels in form of documentary photography.
Maziar Gohari has worked as producer, researcher, and journalist with several national TV channels as Channel 1, Channel 4, and Mostanad (documentary) channel of Iranian national television. From his controversial TV programs, live programs of “In the City” and “The Right Word” can be named which were mostly around questioning authorities big and little problems of Sistan and Baluchistan.
The most important films of Moshtagh Gohari are Gando, Fly-in Water, Cechanok, The Persian Crocodile, Bodvar, Mirza, The Captain Daryayee, and two documentaries Old Melody from Baluchistan, and History of Iran’s Cinema (as producer) for Al-Jazeera documentary channel.
Maziar Gohari has been awarded 1st prize of the Cinema Verite festival for two consecutive years in the environment part, 1st place of 6th Fajr festival in the research section, 1st place of Diagonale Documentary festival in Austria and the merit diploma of Russia Environment Film Festival.